On January 19, 2008, the framework protocol establishing the Education and Research Campus of Istanbul Technical University in Turkish Republic of North Cyprus was signed.
- No. 5756 17 April 2008 Istanbul Technical University campuses to establish training and research in the Republic of Northern Cyprus Turkish Law on ratification of the protocol on the framework, was adopted by the Parliament.
- Parliament of the Republic of Cyprus, dated 16 March 2009 16 March 2009 44 adopted the combination of 38/2009 dated Istanbul Technical university ITU-TRNC education and research campuses (organization, task, work, and supervision) law, by publication in the official gazette by the president of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus declared fairly well defined.
- 5 January 2010, signed on 19 January 2008 and ratified by Law No. 5756 dated 04.17.2008 attached to the training and research in the Republic of Northern Cyprus Turkish Istanbul Technical University Campuses (İTÜ_KKTC) establish a framework for the approval of the protocol, TR the date on the letter dated 12.01.2009 and 31.05.1963 the foreign ministry HUMŞ/1574 Law No. 244 dated 3 According to Article REPUBLIC OF TURKEY board ministers decided on 12.15.2009. The decision was published in the official gazette.
- Foreign Languages Preparatory School in the academic year 2011-2012 was put into operation.
- 2012 Basic and Engineering Sciences courses in other degree programs to be launched in the coming years the infrastructure to be made and work started.